SOME USEFUL HINTS DURING QUAKE TIME
1. People must rush to open place, whenever they receiving first shock,expecting aftershocks.
2. If not possible, please go underneath a table or some other hard structures.
3. Reaching of all flammable material should be avoided. Keep a fire extinguisher in case of fire.
4. Close the LPG connection first and come out of the house/hotels/restaurants.
5. Do not stay under electric post.
6. Electricity should disconnected immediately in houses and as a whole.
7. Do not stay under any concrete building.
8. Wear helmet
9. If peoples are in moving vehicle should stay in the vehicles itself but in open space.
10. Trains should be stopped with proper wireless instructions.
11. Keep emergency lights always, since an earthquake is followed by power failure.
12. Be with battery-operated radio.
13. Keep non-perishable food items/water/first-aid kit & basic medicines in a bag for 3 days.
MAKE THIS METHOD TO BECOME MORE OPERATIONAL
Existing research centers at selected places in the country / world those receiving constant sunlight throughout the year, to adopt this method and interlink each other to continue the prediction to pin point the epi center in advance.
The period of occurrence is varying from 3 to 130 hours after prediction (normally it happens between 12 to 100 hours). So no one can sit idle with panic and wait for such a long time. To overcome this, we may obtain and utilise suitable data collection from Satellite / GPS etc., apart from watching anomaly behavior of pet animals or animals at Zoo and alert the people by sounding local sirens, during the period announced. Accordingly suitable warning may be given through TV / RADIO depending upon the situation.